Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wear your SPF!

I know it is the middle of the winter and the last thing you are thinking about is sunscreen but you might be thinking about the tanning bed, so word to the wise stay far away! This past summer my sister Sarah kept telling me I had a weird spot on my back. It didn't notice it and it didn't look anything like I would expect a cancer spot to look so I kinda forgot about it. Sarah, being the good sister she, is kept pestering me about it. I finally went in before Christmas to have it looked at and he they said it was probably pre-cancer, no problem. Well a couple weeks later I got a call from the doctor and sure enough it was cancer! Any one who has ever been to a sunny vacation spot with me probably isn't to surprised by this (I burn real easy). Well I went in and got it removed. The doctor said I was very lucky to have noticed it because this kind is unusual and spreads fast! So thanks to my nurse of a sister I am cancer free for now but will be wear SPF 50 for the rest of my life!

5 comments:

Ashley Wood said...

WOW! I had no idea you had this happen! Well I am glad you caught it early, and man I am sure I have some of that ahead of me, cause I have had my days of sunburns as well!

Julie said...

KARLY! THAT IS SO SCARY!!!!!! When I read the word "cancer" my heart dropped. . . don't scare me like that! You need to be around for a LONG TIME.

Get on Skype so we can talk. Our vonage phone is a no go this year- our internet is retarded. I want to hear about Hawaii and stuff (you already went, right??). Miss you guys!

Whitney said...

WTF?!!!!!!!! How have I not heard about this yet?! I'm so glad your sister made you go in and that you caught it early!! I don't even want to think about what couldve happened if you hadn't gotten it checked!!!! So glad your ok! Love you!!!

Tay and Teigan said...

KARLY! I am so glad everything is OK. I'm so glad you caught it early. How's that sweet little baby of yours?

Phill and Jessica said...

How scary! I'm glad you had it looked at though. We miss you guys! Hope all is well!