Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Benjamin Daniel Adams

BENJAMIN DANIEL ADAMS
AUGUST 10, 2009
6.5 POUNDS - 18.5 INCHES
The whole story.....
So I woke up at 2:30am Monday morning thinking I had peed my pants (I know to much info) and couldn't figure out what was going on. I wondered around for a little while but stuff kept coming, it wasn't a lot but definately something coming out of me. I was also having contractions but they weren't regular. I called the hospital at 3:30am and the nurse said if your water broke you would know it - don't come in. Luckily I had a regularly scheduled doctors appointment at 9:20 and told Danny to come with me just to make sure everything was alright. We have been planning this whole summer to go to Bear Lake this week becuase both of our families were up there so the whole way to the hospital we were making plans for Bear Lake. We got to the doctor and I did all the normal stuff. When the doctor came in I was like something is coming out of me and I have been having some irregular contractions. He was like I sure it's nothing but let me take a look. He looked and looked at us and said well it looks like you will have a baby by dinner time. I started crying and Danny was just shocked! He said I will call upstairs and go and get checked in. It was fun calling everyone to tell them we were labor. Nobody could believe it. I was dialated to a one and effaced 75% so I got on patosin at about 10:30, the contraction really started coming and I thought I was going to die so I got and epidural around 2:00. I was dialted to a 3 at 4:00 and by 5:00 they came in and told me to get ready to start pushing! I had to push for 1 1/2. I was exhausted but at 6:25 our little guy came out!
The completely shocked parents - I wish we had a picture of our faces when the doctor first told us "You will have a baby by dinner time" - this was pre horrible labor pains.
Danny almost pasted out when he came out, the cord was wrapped around his neck and I don't think Danny was prepared for all the gunk on him - so you can imagine how happy he was to finally hold his healthy boy.
Best noise in the world is your crying baby
It was a pretty crowded delivery room as you can see, plus Hayley who was on camera duty. We were all excited to meet him!
Grabbing onto Danny's finger. Ben has huge hands and feet - all Danny and talk about is his basketball career.
Welcome home! Don't worry Sammy made it in the picture - she has been the angel dog since we got home - everyone was so worried for us but she has been great!
Danny's first diaper change - he did great


Oh my goodness he is so cute, Danny and I keep asking ourselves is he really that cute or are we just proud parents.
All six grandkids! They were all so excited to meet baby Ben. Thomas walked up to him and said "HI" and then looked at me and said " I hold him" very matter a factly. Katelyn looks like she is in heaven even though its one more boy!

13 comments:

Amanda said...

OH my goodness he is soooo cute! i'm so happy everything went well for you. I can't wait to see him in person. HOpe your doing well! Recovery is the worst part!...atleast for me!

Hayley Neil said...

Oh geez. Just seeing these pictures literally brought me to tears. I love that boy already! I am so happy for you guys! I can't wait to see him and you proud parents. I could not be happier to be sharing this stage of life with such awesome people as you guys!

Tehmi said...

Congrats! He is so perfect, and you look great! Welcome to parenthood!

Ashley Wood said...

He really is that cute!!!! Thanks for letting us come and see him.... Danny sorry we couldn't see you, but congratulations, you have a handsome baby boy!!! I have been a bit nervous for labor and delivery, but holding him, changed my mind and I realized that it is TOTALLY worth it no matter what I have to go through!! I love your little guy already and I have only seen him once.... I can't imagine how it will feel when it is my own!! You two are great parents!! I am so glad that we are bringing him a friend!!!

Jeff and Sarah said...

oh,Congrats you two! I'm happy to hear that all is well. He is a cutie!

Cami @ All Things Lovely said...

congrats on the new arrival! he is darling! I would say beautiful cause he really is...but thats not very masculine! He is so cute. Glad everything went well! Better luck next year on Bear Lake...ha ha just kiddin!
Congrats again...so happy for you guys

Mark and Brynne Rose said...

Congrats!! that is so exciting I hope the recovery is going well!! He is so cute!!

Unknown said...

he looks like a cute little boy! i can't wait to see him. sorry, we haven't been over already, i've been gone all week and bri's been a workaholic. hope all is well.

Liz Bowman said...

Congratulations!!! He is adorable. Hope you both are adjusting well and that you are recovering quickly! We found out that we are having a girl. I'll keep you posted!

Lindsay and Blake said...

AHHH KARLY! I am so excited for you guys...he is so darling I can't believe you are a MOTHER! We will need to get together ASAP so I can meet this darling little boy. CONGRATULATIONS!

Bailey Family said...

AHHH congrats you guys! I didnt think your little one would arrive for a few more days. I am so happy to see that he did come and that he is healthy and well! what an excited day. I cannot imagine how crazy that would be to be early have no idea that he was coming. He was ready to join your family. Seriously though, he is soooo dang cute! You are proud parents and you should be but really he is a stinking darling little boy. Keep holding that little guy and never let him down. They grow up WAY too fast! Love you guys and again, congrats!

Katie said...

That is the best looking new born boy ever! He is so beautiful! Congratulations Karly!!!

Britt,Ben,Baby BentLee and our dog Mack! said...

He is so beautiful! I love all his hair! So funny but Danny knows who I am and I married a Ben and he was born August 10 I thought that was so cute! You guys look great!