Friday, January 21, 2011

Winter Get-a-way

Before this trip the longest I had ever left Ben was for about 4 hours. I couldn't even get excited for the trip because it made me sick to think about leaving Ben. Well thank goodness to my AMAZING sister Hayley who took Ben for almost the whole time. This was right before we left. I went and put him to bed at Danny's parents and cried. I did pretty good until about Thursday of the trip.

Rock climbing in the Gulf of Mexico!
Roatan, Honduras - this was such a beautiful place. This was probably my favorite stop of the trip.

A little snorkeling, it was great and right off the beach


Cave Tubing in Belize. We were a little nervous when we got off the ship in Belize, it's kind of a dump. Well we took a tour about an hour outside the port up to the mountains. It was beautiful. We went through the jungle and up to a river. It took us through these amazing caves. It was a really great experience and I'm glad we got out of the port.

Cozumel was a little disappointing. We were planning on going scuba diving but when we got off the ship it was really windy and a red flag day so they canceled all the dive trips. It was a little heart breaking to look at that turquoise water and not get in. We ended up having a nice relaxing day at the beach sitting in hammocks. I guess we will just have to go back. (Last time we went to Cozumel I had just found out I was pregnant so I couldn't dive, I think I'm cursed to not dive here)
Enjoying a great dinner,Danny hated the dress up nights. He kept saying don't they know I'm on vacation!
Hard to say good bye to that, but I had a pretty cute little kid waiting for me at home!

9 comments:

Cami @ All Things Lovely said...

Looks like so much fun! We are going on a cruise in April and I'm so excited but totally stressing about leaving Mason. I'm glad to hear you did it...gives me hope I can too! :)
But if the sacrifice means warm tropical beach I think I can manage.

Curtis & Co. said...

I did the cave tubing in Belize last month!!! Crazy we were there so close to each other! AND I went to Cozumel and it was really windy when we were there too- so we toured the island in a car- good times!
I MISS YOU! Let's get together soon!

Unknown said...

looks like you guys had fun - and it looks beautiful! maybe someday we will be able to go on a cruise with you guys.

Anonymous said...

You did it! :) And it looks like you had a blast!! I'm with Whitney, some day we will al go together.

Bailey Family said...

oh that looks amazing! What I wouldnt give to get away this time of year. Looks like you guys had a wonderful time am I happy for you! Glad you were able to get back to your cute boy- its amazing how much we can miss them while away.

Ashley Wood said...

That looks so fun! I am glad you got to do this!

Butterfield Family said...

I'm so glad you guys were able to take that trip. Of course Danny didn't appreciate the formal dinners...he never has liked getting into church clothes! Poor guy! I heard from my mom that Ben was so cute the morning after you left. It will be good to see you guys again (whenever that happens!)

Brad and Britt said...

looks like an amazing trip! I have never been on a cruise! We weren't impressed with Cozumel when we went too...too bad!

Whitney said...

That looks like it was so much fun! Im so happy you guys got a little get-away together. Jake and I have never done that since we've had kids. I think we need to! Love your guts! XOXO